8 days in and two parties already done, I think I have at least one party almost every week of December. I love it, I love all the decorations, I love all the smiling faces, there’s nothing not to love. Suddenly everything makes me happy. That means I have to be extra careful so that I don’t lose track on the fitness front.
This is what I do to keep myself on track
- I keep reminding myself I don’t want to start 2015 unhappy because I have put on weight. I want to start my new year being happy and that means I need to be healthy, that means I need maintain my lifestyle irrespective of the parties
- On the day of the party all my other meals are lot more clean, so I stick to boiled eggs for breakfast, fruits for snacks, vegetables (boiled or grilled) for lunch.
- I choose what I eat at the party depending on what I like, I don’t waste calories on stuff I don’t really like too much. I usually skip the starters that are passed around; if there are carrot sticks then I might nibble on those but otherwise no starters for me. Main meal I always have more of the turkey, very little stuffing, I love the chestnut salad and I have a little (a small spoon) of everything else.
- Finally dessert, I share dessert I usually have a spoon from T’s plate.
- My guilty pleasure is the mulled wine; I love it so that’s where my calories add up. The way I avoid too much of wine is by setting up a early morning workout date, If I don’t find a workout buddy then I make sure I tell somebody who will keep me accountable this keeps me from going overboard.
Just because I have a party to attend doesn’t mean I miss a workout, it means I add a few extra minutes to my usual workout for a few days (just a few extra minutes of running, or maybe an extra set for all my exercises)Keep Reading I will Keep WritingTanvee