For the past two weeks or a little more I have been really busy, working really long hours so my usual workout schedule was naturally affected. I knew I had a busy few weeks but I was very determined to stick to my usual workouts and very soon I realized I couldn’t keep up, mainly because I had very few hours of sleep most nights so I was already tired but that doesn’t mean I missed a workout just means I changed my workouts.
This is what I do when I am busier than usual
- First things first I tell myself I need to go easy on myself, If I have gone to bed at 4 am then a 6.30 am gym session would not be easy
- I tell myself I need to be flexible and do the best I can in the time I have. So I didn't have fixed rest days instead my rest days changed mainly depending on my workload and also my usual workout time changed (no early morning if I had gone to bed very late)
- I workout during lunch hour, sometimes I workout really late after my work and this meant I couldn’t make it to my usual classes (as long as I get my workout done..)
- I did shorter workouts and changed my routines
- More sprints, intervals and I combined Weights and Cardio in one session
- I created alternative workouts plans that I could do at home
- I planned and prepared most of my food on weekends. I did more detailed planning because I knew once the week starts I wouldn’t have time and I did not want to be left in a situation where I would have to eat something unhealthy just because I didn’t plan properly.
All this helped me; I still managed my 5 days just different routines, I think I did alright . How do you keep up with your workouts when you are crazy busy?
Have you all checked out my new 'Food and Workout Details' page? I still have to start including my workouts. What you think :)
Keep Reading I will Keep WritingTanvee