Thursday 1 May 2014

Hill Sprints


The first time I did hill sprints was as a part of my running club and it was tough, very tough...regular sprinting was nothing compared to hill sprints. I wanted to move my legs but it felt like something kept dragging me back. The first time I did it I think my sprint was not really a sprint as compared to others I was really struggling to move my legs so the stubborn me decided to start including hill sprints in my weekly workouts. Now I have started doing them twice a week. I sprint up and walk back...I am aiming at being able to jog back and while maintaining my hill sprint speed.


On Saturday’s T also joins me for my hill sprints and that is when I have the most fun because we always race and I don’t know how but every Saturday I sprint up that hill much faster than when I am on my own. That feeling of keeping up with T and sometimes even going ahead by an inch makes me push myself so much more.
My heart rate monitor shows hill sprints as the most effective of my workouts in terms of calories burned and my legs do feel great after my hill sprint session so how can I not love Hill sprints :)
Any one of you include hill sprints in your workouts? How do you like it?


Keep Reading I will Keep Writing   
Tanvee


10 comments:

  1. Hi Tanvee - some members of my Spartan training team do hill sprints. I think I do more of a hill shuffle. Respect for all who do hill sprints. They are difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marc after I read this comment I tired hill shuffle just for fun with a friend that felt more like we were kids playing around :D

      Delete
  2. I don't do them , so can't comment. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are definitely difficult but I enjoy them

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! A bit of friendly competition always helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we always have a friendly competition going on even during long runs...T might be behind for the entire run but then in the last few minutes he always sprints and ends up finishing first!!!!

      Delete
  4. Anything to do with hills are not always easy.

    Hill sprints and hill starts when learning to drive a car BUT stick at it and it becomes easier.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hill starts while learning to drive-- I remember those my dad would take me to a hill close by and we would only practice starting/stopping for the entire time :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a difficult but rewarding workout!! I don't think I could do it at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really difficult..I think it's one of the most difficult workouts I do....I am sure it will be equally rewarding

      Delete