Friday 24 October 2014

Blah day!!!

Some days just don't start right, like today did not start on my usual happy note :( everything seemed to go wrong..I woke up later than I had planned to, my scales were not very friendly and my gym buddy backed out last minute..
So I sat there upset and not feeling very good about myself, I was doubting myself and my fitness journey. I was complaining and then T said to me 'I am surprised at the way you are behaving, you sound just like you used to when you started this journey...' I  needed those exact words because it reminded me how far I have come and that I don't ever want to go back to where I had started. I have come a long way not only with my fitness but also my attitude towards life so when T said it sounds like I am going back to square one I had to stop what I was doing...I had to step away from my own negative thoughts so that I don't go in a downward spiral and that's exactly what I did
I told myself...
It's not easy, It's not supposed to be easy (I can do not easy, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it)
Bad mood, low self confidence can never be my excuse
If the scale is not my friend the gym definitely needs to be my best friend
I love being the consistent one, I love being the one who keeps going and I blindly believe in hard-work for me there is no other way.
After all my self pep talk I got ready to sweat it out. 2 minutes in the gym changes everything for me, my focus shifts from scales to challenging myself. I change from not feeling good about myself to thinking about how to improve and at some point I stop thinking, I only focus on my breathing and how my muscles feel (I can't stress over how much love it!!!)

Anyways workout done I feel so much better and I smile all the way back home :)
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing  
Tanvee


3 comments:

  1. It's true some days do not start right .....but keep plodding away and it comes right in the end ....well usually

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it happens but good u kept going

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done sweetie. The other day the scale was a mean ###
    I was in two minds if I shall workout or not.
    But I did. Yes I didn't do all 50 burpees. I ate 20. But...I also have started thinking that if you work hard you will see THE Result.

    You--are doing very well so pls stop underestimating you. U Rock

    zainab

    ReplyDelete