|Last week's special|
Sweet potato spinach frittata
(I really liked this for breakfast. I loved the sweet potato base. I think I will keep that as a base for all my future frittata)
1/4 cup milk
small sweet potato
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup grated cheese (I did not use 1/2 cup I just sprinkled some)
salt and pepper
1. Chop the sweet potato into tiny pieces . Add olive oil to a pan and saute the sweet potato, ground cummin, salt for 15 - 18 minutes
2 .Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
3. Add onion and spinach.Cover the pan
4. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and hot sauce. P
5. Add eggs to the pan, top this with the cheese and then bake for 18- 20 minutes
(I found this recipe here - http://cookieandkate.com/2012/baby-spinach-frittata-with-sweet-potato-hash-crust/ & now I am regularly on this site looking for new things to try)
My spin instructor Nicky got these for one of our morning session-- they were really good I thought they were better than the protein bars I usually keep at home. No more store bought protein bars now I make my own
Ingredients (I made around 30 )
2 tablespoons chia seeds soaked in 1/4 cup of water until all water absorbed.
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
1 cup of your fave nuts
3 tablespoons shredded coconut
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
3 scoops of protein powder
3 tablespoons of cacao nibs
5 dried figs
1. Blend protein powder, cocoa powder, figs and dates till all blender together.
2. Add nuts and cacao nibs and blend to a chopped up state you like!!
3. Mix in coconut.
4. Add soaked chia seeds and coconut oil and pulse blend till all mixed together
5. Use desert spoon fulls and roll into balls
thank you Nicky :)
Ginger Carrot and Tomato Soup
Warm soup for dinner is my favorite, I look at what I have in my kitchen then go looking for a recipe that sounds interesting.
4 garlic cloves
1.5 tablespoons of minced ginger (I think I added more)
Carrots (I did not measure this I just used all that I had)
1 can of tomato
2-3 teaspoon of soy sauce (I used less of this - around 1 teaspoon)
Salt & pepper
1. Chop all the vegetables
2. Saute Onions till they become soft, then add garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute or two
3. Add 3 cups of vegetable broth, carrots, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook till carrots become soft
4. Blend the soup and then continue cooking on low heat
(I found this recipe here http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2014/01/gingery-carrot-and-tomato-soup.html )
I am already getting ready for my next week recipes. Hope all of you had a great weekend too.
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing