Wednesday 27 March 2013

WLC recipes

Do you remember I was going to try the whole life challenge for a week and see how it goes? I did it, it was a good experience (more on that soon) and the best part of this short challenge was the recipes I found.I knew if I wanted to see the whole challenge through I needed to have my meals well planned, Before doing my WLC shopping I went online looking for recipes and found some of the easiest and healthiest options, here are a few of my favourites

Roasted Cauliflower
  1. Preheat oven to gas mark 6 / Roast using a non stick pan
  2. Blanch cauliflower in salted water for a few minutes. Dry it properly
  3. Toss in Olive oil (I skipped this completely)
  4. Blend together cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, blanched almond (smashed), salt, pepper
  5. Add the cauliflower to the above blend
  6. Add a dash of lemon juice
  7. Pop in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or cook in a non stick pan
(http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/roasted-cauliflower-with-cumin-coriander-and-almonds) 

Banana Pancake
(I loved this recipe but T did not like it, I guess it is one of those things that you might either totally love or completely hate)
  1. 1 banana
  2. 2 eggs (I used 1 egg + 1 egg white)
  3. Vanilla (optional)
  4. Cinnamon (optional)
  5. Blueberries (optional)
Mash the banana, egg and cinnamon or vanilla. Once the mix is ready cook it like your regular pancake. I added blue berries to each(http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/breakfast/egg-breakfast/no-flour-banana-pancakes.html)

Coconut pancake
  1. Combine together coconut flour (1/4 cup), 2 egg whites, coconut milk or almond milk (1/4 cup), salt and cinnamon (I skipped the sweetener and baking powder part completely). 
  2. Once the mix is ready cook it like your regular pancake
(http://www.foodiefiasco.com/2012/12/07/coconut-flour-pancakes-vegangluten-freegrain-freelow-carblow-caloriehigh-protein/)

Egg muffin
This is more like scrambled egg in the muffin tin. I like these because I can freeze them and reheat them whenever I want
  1. Preheat oven to 375F
  2. Mix together egg, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, bacon (I skipped this), season with salt and pepper.
  3. Line your muffin tin and pour this mix in your muffin tin
  4. Bake for 25-35 minutes
    (http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=633654 )

Do you have any good easy WLC recipes we can share some ideas, I'm always on the look for good easy healthy recipes
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing 
Tanvee

6 comments:

  1. hard.boiled.eggs. Love them with a little mild cheddar cheese slice or a small handful of cashews to bring in some saltiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cashews I love them but avoid buying them, I can't seem to stop at a sensible number ;)

      Delete
  2. Looks like some fun recipes; thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna, they are easy and quick, hope you like them as much as I did

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Josee, they all turned out to be really good :)

      Delete