Tuesday 12 February 2013

Planning your home workout


Tools:

List of exercises for your cardio, core and lower body
Equipments: we will start with no equipments

Method 1:
  1. Create 4 -5 intervals and repeat each interval twice 
  2. Each interval can focus on one large muscle group (upper body, core, lower body)
Example:
Warm -up
(two options for each interval, all exercises can be found in my previous posts)

Interval 1:  (Cardio)
  1. March in place -- Jumping jack -- High butt kick -- High knee kick
  2. Jumping jacks -- Skater lunge -- Line hop -- Cross/crawl hop
Interval 2: (Lower body)
  1. Squats -- Lunges -- Sumo squats -- Cross lunge
  2. Squat -- Side lunge -- Single leg squat -- Calf raise squats

Interval 3: (Core)
  1. Plank -- Side plank -- Push up/plank -- Walking push up
  2. Regular crunch -- Bicycle crunch -- Regular push up -- Standing crunch

Interval 4:(Lower body)
(different set of lower body exercises)

Interval 5: Core
(different set of core exercises)

Cool down
 
Method 2:
  1. Create 4- 5 intervals and repeat each interval twice 
  2. Each interval should focus on all three major muscle group (arms, core and lower body)
Example:
Warm up

Interval 1:
March in place -- Jumping jacks -- Squats Sumo squats -- Walking push -up -- Plank/push up -- Lunges

Interval 2:
High butt kick -- High knee kick -- Calf raise squats -- Single leg squats -- regular plank -- Side plank -- Cross leg lunge

Interval 3:  
Cardio -- hips -- core -- hip

Interval 4: 
Cardio -- hips -- core -- hip
Cool Down
Try to repeat each exercise 8-12 times and each interval twice, one more very important thing is rest period between exercises and intervals try 30 sec to 1 minute break between intervals. If you can complete your entire interval without a break. 

Hope fully now you can pick up different exercises from the previous posts and build your own workout at home, Let me know how you get on with this, if it helped you to create your home workout? Maybe we could share our workout plans :)

I would also like to point out I'm no fitness expert these are things I learnt along the way of my weight loss journey by surfing the internet and going for fitness classes.

Keep Reading I will Keep Writing 
Tanvee

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tanvee! For a long time, I didn't realize it but I always separate my workout into 3 distinct workouts that each take 1/3 of the workout time. As much as I like exercise, I like to be able to check off an entire chunk of exercise, and freshly move forward to something completely new--as you show in this post. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marion, I started doing that after attending one of my fitness classes (LBT). There we focused on one group for 20 minutes and then moved to the next...I play around with my workout plan, sometimes I separate my workout other times I mix them all up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I've got tons of exercise DVDs and books/magazines -- but it's great to just have a workout plan that's already sorted and that you can pull out and do without too much thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a few exercise DVDs but I get bored sticking to one DVD and I prefer to create my own mix of exercises so evey few months..(actually depends on how I feel) I switch it up, you will always find one workout plan with me...no thinking just look at the plan and get to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good. But mys sister has high blood pressure. Is it good for her?

    ReplyDelete