Monday 25 February 2013

Spinach Soup

Forgot to add this post last week..(this is one of my regular soups)
Ingredients
1 Onion
2 garlic cloves
1 Potato
450g spinach roughly chopped
450ml chicken stock
600ml milk
Zest of half Lemon
Grated nutmeg

Method
  1. Add olive oil to a pot, Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5-6 minutes 
  2. Add the chopped potato and cook for 2-3 minutes 
  3. Add the chicken stock and cook till the potato is a little soft. 
  4. Add the milk and bring to a simmer 
  5. Add the most of the spinach and the lemon zest 
  6. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes 
  7. Cool the soup and blend it. Add the remaining spinach while blending 
  8. Return to pot and reheat. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing 
Tanvee
(I found this recipe here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1571/creamy-spinach-soup)
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I remember the days where I never, ever used spinach for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) did you know you can freeze this soup (I haven't tried that maybe sometime..)

    ReplyDelete